Thursday, October 22, 2020

Trees So, I was chilling on a little patio just outside of our room at Chaminade in Santa Cruz. The rays from the westward leaning sun in the southern sky were slanting through a canopy of black oak trees which populated the sides of a relatively steep canyon. A very gentle breeze was making the leaves dance and the sun light shimmer and shift the shadows around in deeply esoteric patterns of harmony and coherence. I thought how interesting and obvious to those who are looking was the harmony of nature. I tried to think if I had ever seen what I would call chaos in a natural setting. I conjured up a bunch of scenes from the parts of the planet which I had had the fortune to visit. In none of them could I recall seeing anything other than a beautiful kind of harmony. True, some were what might be called violent, like some of the huge storms along the Oregon and California coasts I had witnessed. While watching these I had this sense of symphony of order and reason. Even once when I had watched the storm surge wipe out houses that had been built where they did not belong, I had this sense that beauty and order was being restored, that the dwellings were out of tune or synch or something with natural order. And so as I mused about all of this while watching the dance of Sanat Kumara being performed in the trees in front of me, my attention was pulled out of the tree tops and into a focus on rather large oak that was about 15 feet away from where I was sitting. Long ago, I learned to see the beings that inhabit the natural world. I do not mean the etheric presence of the devas. What appears to me are faces, very much human in appearance within the things I am looking at. This is true of mountains and rocks and all kinds of plants and especially trees. I saw a face in the oak quite clearly, and it was looking directly at me. Just musing, I voiced a thought, “So what is it with you trees? What’s your point here?” I heard an instant response. I say I heard. What I mean is that I registered in my brain a response from the tree. You might call this imagination, and you would be right. However, it is good to remember or realize that “the heart is the custodian of the power of the imagination”. The heart hears. The mind only listens. So, what the tree said in answer to my question was that, being the most highly evolved members of the most highly evolved Kingdom on the Planet, what we call the vegetable kingdom, they were responsible for the total telepathic network of the planet. They established this network kalpas ago and are responsible for maintaining its viability. Through their dense physical connections with the earth and their huge Devic etheric connections with the higher dimensions they are transmuting, transforming and transfiguring stations of sorts. They are all consciously interconnected. They are in effect, the One Tree. By embodying the planetary etheric electrical communications network in all dimensions, they foster the synthesis of the Plan for all the Kingdoms including the relatively embryonic human kingdom. In this capacity they are also the generators and custodians of what we call the akashic records. “Not a feather falls that goes unrecorded.” They are the repositories of Planetary Wisdom. I do not know how long I was sitting there on the patio. The light of the evening sun was moving into those rose and violet areas of the spectrum. When I realized that I understood what it was that made me think of trees as my friends and brothers. I have been many times to visit various stands of the giant Redwoods especially those in the Humboldt Redwoods State Park. I have spent hours and hours walking and being amongst the most majestic living beings in dense form on the planet. And sitting there in that patio at the foot of a rather majestic in its own right old oak tree, I realized what it was that I registered during my sojourns in these sacred groves. And what it was that made me seek out and be with trees where ever I went on the planet, even in the Mojave and Anza Borrego deserts where the trees are those amazing beings we call Joshua trees. I got to wondering where loneness came from, how people could actually be lonely surrounded, as we constantly are, by ancient Wisdom and vibrant Life. In the evening light, I was and filled with gratitude and, like the oaks with whom I was keeping company, very joyful. I suppose that this is what the Master was indicating when he said, “Joy is a special Wisdom.”

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I love this blog!

    I know some other people who also communicate with trees. It seems that it is becoming a common experience.

    The trees give us so much joy and wisdom!

    Thank you for your post,

    Carol Suchecki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much dear Tom. For your existence and your reflections which are so enriching and uplifting.

    Love from Louise

    ReplyDelete