Saturday, July 4, 2015

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President.
I encountered you this morning, the 4th of July, 2015. I watched and listened to your eulogy of a brother, Rev Pinckney. I heard you.

You have been mostly quiet about these  principles in terms of public addresses over the past few years, and I was greatly relieved when you spoke to us about the Selma Bridge. This I thought is the brother for whom I voted. This is the human being who celebrates the fact of the One Humanity with his livingness. I was very, very encouraged that you were doing again that which you do so well, envisioning for us what we are and who we are and calling us to be that, to find the courage to live what and who we are.

Then quietness intervened. Business as usual took over the airwaves. The images which evoked the Truths which you caused to come alive for us faded from view rather rapidly.

Then one of the inevitable effects of "business as usual" happened in Charleston. Stunned, is the word. And then the effects of that event began to unfold.

Forgiveness was modeled. That was the inevitable response of love, of sanity, to an act of insanity. Many of my acquaintances could not really understand that message.

And then  your eulogy to which I only this morning was able to watch and listen.
You raised the level of consciousness to a height that was lost to sight over the past many years. It was very much like a sunrise. I know that the message that you delivered was sourced from the Heart, that sunlike place that sees all paths. I know that it was a Sound that was heard around the world.

Thank you for that, and thank you especially for revealing to  me that Grace is another world for Love, that the heart is so very important now and that heart energy like sunshine falls on every single blade of grass and human being, regardless.
lots of love

-tom  

No comments:

Post a Comment