Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dear Friends:
This post is a letter that was sent to the President by an old friend and fellow warrior who was inspired to VOTE, as it were. Your letters to him may not ever reach "him" but if you are aware of the fact that energy follows thought you can see the power of filling space, in this case the mental plane, with powerful and loving thoughts... thoughts are things, and every word is a thunder bearing arrow when losed by the heart.
loving us
-tom


To: 'info@barackobama.com'
Subject: RE: This will be blunt: ME TOO

Dear Campaign Managers,

I have donated what I can at this point, and may yet donate more.



What I would really like to see in the face of this disgusting election model of raising millions and billions of dollars in the face of the abject poverty, and paucity of effective education and healthcare we have in this country (& don’t even get me started on our fear of the NRA!),… what I would really like to see is a Democratic Party message  with which the American people can resonate – one that promises models for improvement in ‘how we do “business”!”



I am not interested in putting out money to fight the war against the Koch Brothers, or any mega-corporation which wishes to have an open road to their pathetic self-serving.  I am also not interested in solving every little problem we have with recalcitrant countries by “bombing the hell out of them”!

My major donations go to organizations which are seriously setting models for attaining peaceful and collaborative solutions for human problems.  As the American and Planetary consciousness becomes more awakened to our inherent Oneness, we will be making decisions in the  Light of This Fact.



I voted for Barack Obama, was thrilled to do so!  I will do so again!  I see where he has made strides, and I see just as well how our Congress is failing to support the citizens of this country.  Our kindergartners are made to behave better in their playgrounds than are our “leaders”.



I am a 74-year-old woman, married for 50 years to a (now retired) Marine Officer, up from the ranks.  You think generally military families are going to vote Republican because they are afraid that the Democrats are going to let them wither on the vine.  I, if I would admit to any fear, am troubled that the knee-jerk reaction to problems is to go to war.  I say again, I don’t want to pay for that, not with money, not with the blood of our young people, nor with the endless line of PTSD-ers and brain-damaged military persons.  I am grateful for the work that Michelle and Jill have done on behalf of our military.  If we can reasonably reduce our military might and equipment in any way, without endangering our safety as a nation, and use that money to really take care of the military persons we have maimed, then I’m for that!



Well, I could go on…. And on…. And on…. But they say usually one should make their point in one page, what with attention spans being what they are these days…

And I’d love to hear from you, whoever you are.  Smiles!



Love & Blessings!

A USMC Dependent

Retired Civil Service Secretary

(to the Commanding General(s) of

Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center)

No comments:

Post a Comment