Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dear Mr. President


Dear Mr. President.
Re your note of August 26.
I have no doubt that we must reach the "undecided" with clear information. I am, however, equally concerned about the non-voters. Every day, I talk with young folks about their intentions. Most of the individuals I speak to are not members of the middle class, many of them are living with their parents because they do not have work. Because of the budget cuts in the educational arena they can't even find classes to go to at their local Junior or four year colleges. Most are discouraged with politics; they do not see any reason for voting. I think that this constituency far out numbers the "undecided". 

I know that we will be out spent. That was a given going in. I have counseled on this issue in earlier letters. I am counseling now, that the money we do have be better spent.

I have heard you speak about the Principles upon which our Nation is founded. I know from much experience that when you speak from the heart on these matters, you open minds and hearts. The details of budgets and what you plan are not that interesting to most people who are not already decided. It's just so much talk. Your sincerity is evident; (Just as Mr. Romney's hollowness is evident.)  However, I think we are wasting valuable time and resources beating that drum.

Consider this: a once a week 15 minute address to the nation on major networks focusing on the Principles of our heritage: on what freedom means, on what "united" means, on what the Common Good means, on what the General Welfare means.... you get the drift.

It is my sense that such an address would find its way on Utube and hundreds of millions of computers and iphones. You are, no doubt aware of "One More Term". How many individuals do you think have seen and heard and will see and hear that? I sent it to about a thousand of my contacts. It cost nothing!

You can do this better than anyone since FDR,  J. and R. Kennedy, and Doctor King.
Do it. It only makes sense.
loving us
-tom

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!

    Mr. President are you listening?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete